The Universal Medicine cult loves to gloat in its publicity that all its healing modalities are fully insured. However, the policy wording of a standard complementary medicine therapy indemnity insurance policy from Universal Medicine’s insurer, W. R. Berkley, specifically excludes molestation and psychological abuse. For the Benhayon family ‘healers’ and all of the Esoteric Breast Massagers this means they are paying for insurance for nothing. Given the abusive nature of their ‘modalities’, none of their practices are insured, but that shouldn’t deter their victims from pursuing a class action to seek compensation for damages.
As discussed in the previous post on Universal Medicine’s bogus accreditation body, the Esoteric Practitioners Association, Universal Medicine students are deceived into paying membership fees with the fiction they need to be accredited by the EPA in order to gain insurance. They’re also told the EPA has the highest code of conduct of any practitioner association in the world. Bullshit on all counts.
EPA Chairman Neil Ringe claimed the EPA is ‘very’ insured and had its modalities checked by brokers from OAMPS. This week one of our readers pointed out that Universal Medicine is insured through W. R. Berkley (via OAMPS) and sent a link to the standard complementary medicine practitioner policy as displayed by one of Australia’s Reiki practitioner associations. It may not be the exact policy UM is using, but one thing that will be uniform is the insureds’ duty of disclosure and the policy exclusions, which include past life regression, non adherence to sterile procedure when using acupuncture needles, and molestation.
A. Your Duty of Disclosure
Before you enter into a contract of general insurance with an insurer, you have a duty, under the Insurance Contracts Act 1984, to disclose to W. R. Berkley every matter that you know, or could reasonable be expected to know, is relevant to W. R. Berkley’s decision whether to accept the risk of insurance, and if so, on what terms.
You have the same duty to disclose those matters to W. R. Berkley before you renew, extend, vary or reinstate a contract of general insurance.
Your duty, however, does not require disclosure of any matter:
• that diminishes the risk to be undertaken by W. R. Berkley;
• that is of common knowledge;
• that your insurer knows or, in the course of his business, ought to know;
• as to which compliance with your duty is waived by W. R. Berkley.
If you fail to comply with your duty of disclosure, W. R. Berkley may be entitled to reduce its liability under the
contract in respect of a claim, or may cancel the contract. If your non-disclosure is fraudulent, W. R. Berkley may also have the option of avoiding the contract from its beginning.
Time wasn’t wasted wondering if UM and its distinguished EPA hierarchy had bothered to inform the insurer of Serge’s past life regression techniques in his treatment room and workshops, or other abusive techniques, including Esoteric Breast, Uterus and Ovary massage, or the Esoteric death wish diet, or Serge’s attempts at amateur sexual abuse therapy, complete with Sacred Esoteric Healing workshop manual photographs of his hands on genitals. A dossier including quotes, images and links was sent to both OAMPS and W. R. Berkley. Journalists and regulators already have them.
Whether the insurer takes action is up to them, but I believe there’s nothing to stop them continuing to provide cover and simply refuse liability for the exclusions listed below – exclusions which make up the greater part of UM’s therapies. In other words, business as usual. Eso healers will still pay for insurance, the insurer will still collect their premiums, but if there are claims against any of the abusive practices, cult members will find they’re not covered.
W. R. Berkley will indemnify the Insured in respect of Compensation arising out of any act, error or omission in the provision of professional advice, treatment or services in the course of the Business provided that:
a. the person conducting or providing the advice, treatment or services is qualified to do so or is currently undergoing training by a recognised training body in the treatment that they are providing; and
b. the advice, treatment or services are listed in the Schedule; and
c. the act, error or omission took place during the Period of Insurance anywhere within the Territorial Limits.
If the EPA is a recognised training body – recognised by who?
POLICY EXCLUSIONS (applicable to Sections 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5)
Stage Hypnotherapy & Past Life Regression
stage and/or entertainment hypnosis/hypnotherapy; or past life regression unless the past life regression is unintentional.
in connection with any instrument having need to contact or penetrate skin tissue unless the instrument has been used once only or sterilised before re-use in accordance with respective State Health Regulations and/or Commonwealth Health Regulations as specified from time to time.
I have Esoteric Chakrapuncture manuals where there is no mention of sterile procedure. Given that the practice is taught at a series of weekend workshops, how much time is given to teaching sterile procedure, and once the students start sticking victims with needles, who is policing their hygiene practices and who are they accountable to?
the molestation of, the interference with, the mental abuse of or the physical abuse of or by any persons.
However W. R. Berkley will advance the Insured up to $50,000 for reasonable legal costs and expenses for any claim made against the Insured alleging molestation, the interference with, the mental abuse of or the physical abuse of any persons during the Period of Insurance which arises in the course of the Business provided that:
a. W. R. Berkley may at any time refuse to advance to the Insured legal costs and expenses if in W. R. Berkley’s sole opinion it believes that the allegation will be proved; and
b. if a court of law, arbitration panel, tribunal or other judicial body determines that the allegation is proved then the Insured agrees to repay to W. R. Berkley the amount so advanced.
If Esoteric practitioners get hit with claims of molestation or mental abuse it’s very likely the allegation will be proved when we have concrete photographic evidence of Benhayon teaching inappropriate touching to his students, encouraging them to pry into patients personal and sexual histories and giving them the false entitlement to style themselves as sexual abuse healers.
And then there’s any number of mentally abusive notions quoted from Benhayon’s teachings parroted by his army of Esoteric abuse merchants. These and more were sent to the insurer, and there’s plenty more where these came from.
If there is no nurturing energy in the breasts the baby suckling will receive the milk, but will not get the nurturing energy. All is energy, and if the breasts are not clear when the baby is feeding, the baby will also receive the ill-energy that is in the breasts. This aspect is revelatory and unique to this process. Put simply, we now have a true choice about the actual quality of our feeding milk. Original EBM Website Q&A page.
The human being will eventually evolve to a body of light and hence, will not have a carnal existence on the physical plane. This is why the development of the inner-light is our true path…Imagine the massive waste of energy and good resource that is being poured into something we will eventually all not need. (Benhayon, 2006, p.111)
Stillness is the energy that is honouring you as a woman. Become racy or driven and you have asked the male energy to dominate your body. Looking like a woman but being run by a male energy is not the whole and true you…Will women stop and listen to this teaching or will breast and ovarian cancer along with so many other complications need to get so bad that they are forced to pay attention to it? (Benhayon, 2011, p.544)
It should be noted that an expressing male energy is not an outer appearance…The male energy has nothing to do with the way one looks, although this can also be affected. It is the inner imbalanced expression that is here being presented for you to ponder on. Some very feminine-looking women are only expressing from their male energy. This is a sad state, for many are not aware and sadder still, there are many who are not aware what Femaleness is and therefore, have lost the ability to regain their true inner sense. (Benhayon, 2006, pp.246-7)
Interpret compassion as an emotion and you have drunk the poison of another…There is not an ounce of emotion in true compassion. Have sympathy for the sick and you will take on the emotions of their sickness. (Benhayon, 2011, p.284)
Sympathy and empathy are both emotions. Emotions are poisonous to our physical body, for they are indulgent energies that help the spirit individualise. (Benhayon, 2011, p. 283)
We have had an easy run compared to what is coming post 2012. Just look at what has happened since 2000 – more illness and disease, more earthquakes, much more flooding, calamity, alcohol and caffeine. Everything has intensified immensely, and few choose to seek the truth favouring instead more illusion and more numbing tools and ‘treats’. Don’t blame the Christ or the soul for the intensity; it is you in denial of being those two in one that has caused all you complain about. (Benhayon, 2011, p.717)
An expert who has long worked in the field of cult dismantling suggested Universal Medicine’s victims explore the possibility of mounting a class action. They’d need to communicate with each other, form a united front and seek legal advice to make a damages claim against UM, Serge Benhayon or any of the most persistently destructive ‘healers’.
Some areas that could be explored are:
- Physical damage – health problems arising from the malnourishing Esoteric diet, or lack of sleep or exercise. Physical harm from any of the cult’s medical or other practitioners, or from failing to get qualified medical care or necessary medications at the instigation of an Esoteric healer, or via failure to make a referral for such.
- Molestation and inappropriate touching marketed as ‘gentle’ and ‘healing’.
- Privacy Invasions – particularly if private medical or other information was gathered, stored or shared unlawfully.
- Mental damage – body negative programming that tells victims their bodies are full of negative energies that are resistant to being cleared by anyone but Esoteric healers. Anxiety or neurosis around eating and food due to Benhayon’s evil and pranic food classifications. Paranoia, fear of public places, and fear of people who drink, smoke or eat dairy, gluten and sugar due to Benhayon’s insistence such people allow evil, cancer causing energy to enter the bodies of those in their immediate surrounds. Dependency on UM products or services.
- Relationship damage due to Benhayon’s teachings that Esoteric love is devoid of emotion, and that those not following the Esoteric way are ‘loveless’ and to be avoided. Alienation from children, relatives and friends. Marital and family breakdown and damage to children via divorce and custody proceedings.
- Psychosexual damage – sexual dysfunction and loss of sexual desire and pleasure due to Benhayon’s sexist programming that all men are sexual predators, and that sexual objectification causes breast and gynecological cancers, and his teachings that sex is ‘energetic rape’. Breakdown of sexual relationships.
- Financial damage – from undertaking repetitive workshops and healings, or buying useless products under the deception that the body needs to be cleared of pranic energy, and this can only be done using Esoteric products and services. Donations made to Benhayon’s property portfolio in the belief the money is going to UM’s questionable ‘College’ or Chris James’ Sound Foundation for UM’s UK properties. While you’re at it, report them to the ATO for not issuing receipts. Payments made to the non existent and meaningless Esoteric Practitioners Association. Payment for insurance that doesn’t cover abusive practices ‘of the highest ethical standards in the world’.
For all the bluster of Serryn O’Regan getting UM’s modalities ‘accredited’ and Neil Ringe’s assertion the EPA and its members are ‘very much insured’, the insurance policy’s exclusions suggest that simply isn’t so.
Benhayon, S. The Way It Is , UniMed Publishing, Goonellabah, 2006
Benhayon, S. Esoteric Teachings & Revelations, UniMed Publishing, Goonellabah, 2011